Associated Licensed Detectives Of New York State
For more than 50 years, ALDONYS has worked on behalf of licensed private investigators, agency licensees and security guard firms as an advocate for the industry by raising the standards and skills of its members through education, improved standards and awareness.
As New York State’s largest organization for licensed private investigators and security service providers, our membership represents professionals with expert knowledge in a wide range of private security specialties.
Founded in 1950 as a not-for-profit industry membership association, ALDONYS is the largest New York State organization solely representing the interests of licensed private investigators and watch, guard and patrol agencies for the express purpose of:
- Promoting a favorable image of the profession and industry
- Providing a forum for the interchange of ideas and information and to find solutions to problems of the profession
- Offering educational programs to members
- Developing strategies to raise the standards of the profession
- Providing a forum to foster harmony and promote good will among members
- Disseminating the true spirit of patriotism and loyalty
ALDONYS Code of Ethics
- To promote public respect and confidence by rendering efficient and dependable service.
- To adhere to a high standard or moral and ethical conduct.
- To serve the legal profession, industry, commerce and the general public with integrity.
- To endeavor to render to clients exemplary service by employing proper and authorized personnel.
- To undertake assignments with an unbiased and open mind and report the facts as found.
- To refrain from improper and unethical solicitation of business.
- To assist, when necessary, law enforcement officers and the duly constituted authorities.
- To assist the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services, in purging the profession of abusive practices and eliminating unlicensed practitioners.
- To work in harmony with our colleagues and clients so as to foster cordial relationships.
Preamble to the ALDONYS By-Laws
- To promote a favorable image of the licensed private investigator and watch, guard and patrol license holders, their companies and their employees.
- To provide a forum for the interchange of ideas and information and to find solutions to the problems of the profession.
- To conduct programs of educational benefit to our members.
- To develop ways and means of raising the standards of our profession.
- To do any and all things necessary to foster harmony and good will among the members.
- To disseminate the true spirit of patriotism and loyalty.